Friday 18 October 2013

Typography

In today's session, I was introduced to typography which is using typefaces within photography. There are certain typefaces that are used within different aspects. Photographers that I looked at were David Carson and Johnny Hardstaff.
Within this session, I completed two tasks using typography. The first task was to create a landscape A4 document within Photoshop and by using the word "typography" I had to fill the page as best as I could making it readable, creative and pleasing to the viewers eye.
The brief stated that the letters could only be 90ยบ (not various angles), I had to use San Serif type, the colours used should be red, black and 50% grey.

This is my image below;




For the second task, involved us going out and taking images that fitted the brief he gave us. This is  the brief below;
 
When capturing the images, we were asked to try to capture them with a witty humour to them. Before leaving for the location, I had a few ideas in my mind but it wasn't until I was out shooting that I realised more ideas.
When I had captured the ideas, I went back to the college and edited the images by adding the headings into the images. He wanted a more artistic heading rather than just writing it onto the image. 

These are my images below;






I feel that I was able to capture some good images that fit the description of the brief, I found it a really good task that combined two elements together. Overall, it was really good to experiment with and I would definitely do it again. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jade, some bold experiments with type here.Well done! The secret of good design (good composition) are the final adjustments and refinements. I think that if you re-visit these images and fine tune the arrangement of letterforms you will transform these images and make the compositions even stronger. Concentrate on Low key Lighting and Shallow Depth of Field

    ReplyDelete